Comboyuro Point is a large campground providing shady sites of various sizes. All sites are marked with totems. The area offers sheltered bay waters.
- Sited on the western side of island within walking distance from Bulwer township.
- The campground can be reached on foot and by 4WD.
- Parking is available beside camp sites. It is accessible for camper trailers.
- Site is accessible for camper trailers.
Number of sites:
- All marked with totems.
- Seasonal closures mean that not all sites will be full all year round.
- Tent camping beside your car
- Walk-in camping
- Camper trailers
- Large groups.
Camp site surface:
- water (treat before drinking), septic toilets, rubbish bins, portable toilet waste disposal and cold showers.
- allowed (in existing fire sites only), except when fire bans or prohibitions apply. Fuel or gas stoves, rather than open fires, are recommended.
- not permitted.
Essentials to bring:
- drinking water and containers, water sterilisation tablets, rubbish bags, sunscreen, insect repellent, firewood (untreated mill off-cuts), axe, sealable containers for rubbish, first-aid kit and sand pegs. Read more about things to know before you go.
- Bookings can be made no more than six months in advance.
Mobile phone coverage:
- poor and unreliable. Better reception may be possible near Tangalooma Resort on the island.