North-east camping zone covers all eastern beach camp sites between Middle Road, heading north to Spitfire Creek, excluding sites in the campground. Sites vary in size and range from secluded sites to close, social camping areas. Many sites have sea views and shade. This camping zone offers exposed surf beaches.
- On the eastern side of island from Middle Road, heading north to Spitfire Creek.
- 4WD. Parking available next to camp sites.
- On foot by experienced bushwalkers.
- Accessible for camper trailers.
- If towing trailer, recommended to use Bulwer–Blue Lagoon Road instead of Middle Road as this track is one-way and narrow. Soft sand of Middle Road makes it easy for heavy vehicles to get bogged, which can block the track for several hours.
Number of sites:
- 89 Sites
- All marked with totems.
- Seasonal closures mean that not all sites will be available all year round
Camp sites are suitable for:
- Tent camping
- Camper trailers.
- Permitted in existing fire sites only (fire bans or prohibitions apply).
- Permitted. Be considerate; use them between 8.00 am and 7.00 pm only.
Essentials to bring:
- Drinking water
- Water sterilisation tablets
- Rubbish bags
- Insect repellent
- First-aid kit
Mobile phone coverage:
- Poor or None.