South-east camping zone covers all eastern beach camp sites between Middle Road, heading south to Rous Battery. Sites vary in size and range from secluded sites to close social camping areas. Many sites have ocean views and shade. This camping zone offers exposed surf beaches.
- On the eastern side of the island between Middle Road, heading south to Rous Battery. Kooringal is the closest township
- 4WD. Parking available next to camp sites.
- On foot by experienced bushwalkers.
- Accessible for camper trailers.
- If towing trailer, recommended to use Bulwer–Blue Lagoon Road instead of Middle Road as this track is one-way and narrow. Soft sand of Middle Road makes it easy for heavy vehicles to get bogged, which can block the track for several hours.
Number of sites:
- 35 Sites
- All marked with totems.
- Seasonal closures mean that not all sites will be available all year round
Camp sites are suitable for:
- Tent camping
- Camper trailers.
- Permitted in existing fire sites only (fire bans or prohibitions apply).
Essentials to bring:
- Drinking water
- Water sterilisation tablets
- Rubbish bags
- Insect repellent
- First-aid kit
Mobile phone coverage:
- Poor or None.