South-west camping zone covers all western camp sites from Tangalooma Bypass to Toulkerrie. Sites vary in size and range from secluded sites to close, social camping areas. Many sites have sea views and shade. This camping zone offers sheltered bay waters.
- On the western side of the island from Tangalooma Bypass to Toulkerrie.
- 4WD & boat. Parking available next to camp sites.
- On foot by experienced bushwalkers.
- Accessible for camper trailers.
- Some camp sites closer to Toulkerrie may only be accessible by 4WD at low tide.
Number of sites:
- 24 Sites
- All marked with totems.
- Seasonal closures mean that not all sites will be available all year round
Camp sites are suitable for:
- Tent camping
- Some suitable for Camper trailers.
- Permitted in existing fire sites only (fire bans or prohibitions apply).
- Permitted. Be considerate; use them between 8.00 am and 7.00 pm only.
Essentials to bring:
- Drinking water
- Water sterilisation tablets
- Rubbish bags
- Insect repellent
- First-aid kit
Mobile phone coverage:
- Poor or None.