Yellow Patch camping zone covers all western beach camp sites in the Yellow Patch area, between North Point and Heath Island. There are no camp sites at Heath Island. Sites vary in size and range from secluded sites to close, social camping areas. Many sites have sea views and shade. This camping zone offers surf beaches.
- On the western side of island between North Point and Heath Island
- 4WD Only. Parking available next to camp sites.
- On foot by experienced bushwalkers.
- Accessible for camper trailers.
- Avoid parking or driving over dunes and vegetation as these areas are prone to erosion and may have shorebirds and turtle nests.
Number of sites:
- 14 Sites
- All marked with totems.
- Seasonal closures mean that not all sites will be available all year round
Camp sites are suitable for:
- Tent camping
- Camper trailers.
- Permitted in existing fire sites only (fire bans or prohibitions apply).
Essentials to bring:
- Drinking water
- Water sterilisation tablets
- Rubbish bags
- Insect repellent
- Portable Toilet
- First-aid kit
Mobile phone coverage:
- Poor or None.